Monday, August 30, 2010

Ugh!!!!!


You know, I guess I should just laugh! I mean the fact that I was going to get to sub today and that tonight starts my fall semester I should have expected some random thing to interupt my plans!!!! Poor Brady! His pumping has been going so good. His blood sugars have been wonderful (for the most part) until lastnight. He came to me at bedtime and said he thought that his inset was coming out, and it was. I made him check his sugar which was 409! Not what you want to see, especially at bedtime. Also, you do not want to change an inset at bedtime and here is why. The normal routine is that I put some numbing medicine on for about an hour, then change it out. Well, it was already 10pm on a Sunday night so we changed it without the numbing medicine. He must have tensed up when we inserted it because as you can see from the picture, there wasn't any insulin going through that little tube! I did not know this until this morning. I was nervous about changing him at bedtime because of everything the doctors have told us about having a bad inset and no insulin going in all night. So I checked every couple of hours through out the night. Well, that is exactly what happened. His blood sugars were in the 400s all night long. He has also been passing ketones. You may not know what that means, it's complicated and not good. We changed it out this morning and he is drinking lots of water. Hopefully things will get better as the day goes on. Please continue to pray for him. It is difficult to see such an active child be limited by this disease. I get upset for him and what he has to deal with. He said, "Moma, sometimes I wish I was just a normal kid." Tear..... what do you say to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment