Tuesday, August 10, 2010

When the Power is in Your Hands

Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act.
~Proverbs 3:27

Recently, someone said,"What we are supposed to do is take our God-given gifts and our testimony and use them for the glory of God." Wow, that is it. That is what we are to do. We all have gifts, some of us just do not recognize what they are. Something that I have struggled with is wanting my gifts to look like someone else's. I would love to be able to sing. We don't always get what we want!

A testimony is what someone can share because of a test they have faced. The very fact that you have a testimony proves that God brought you through something. It is our responsibility to share that with people. I don't know about you, but my testimony is enough. I don't want that part of my life to look like someone else's. Think about Job, would you want what he experienced? Me either.

Seriously, the Lord tells us in Proverbs to not withhold good from those that deserve it when it is in your power to act. When the Lord brings us through something tragic, or if He has blessed us beyond measure, it is not for us to hold on to. He wants us to share it with others that we come in contact with every day. Love on people, share your faith, and be real with them. What is your testimony? Have you shared it? How can your experiences help someone in your circle of influence?

Lord Jesus, thank you for speaking through your people and your word. Thank you for seeing me through so many ups and downs in life. I praise you for the blessings you have given me. I pray that you will help me to be the best version of me that you created me to be. I love you and thank you for loving me.
In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment