Friday, July 23, 2010

God's Timing

We have been in revival at church this past week. Normally, we would wake up early to go to the 9 o'clock service, but this past Sunday I decided to let the kids sleep in. We went to the 11 o'clock service. I am so glad we waited! During the invitation, the preacher asked for some women to pray with a lady. Immediately, I rose to my feet and headed to the altar. I did not know the lady, but just felt the Holy Spirit leading me to go pray with her. I prayed with her, then she continued to pray. I asked her if she was ok. She had tears streaming down her cheeks and said "yes, but I have been having a hard time praying to God." She continued, "I know He loves me and that He is always here for me, but I struggle praying. It is so hard because I lost my daughter four years ago." I began to smile from the inside out. That may sound crazy, but I just love when God puts us in the right place at the right time. I introduced myself and asked her if she minded if I shared something with her. I told this sweet lady about Rylee and about her death. Our hearts connected in a way that only two mothers who had lost a child could. The words that came from my mouth were given directly from God. At that moment, I had a strength in my body that cannot be explained. I guess that is where the smile came from too! It helps to know that we are never alone. God is always there. He used me that day in a way I did not expect. He reminded me that it is not about me, or my pain, but that it is about being His arms to hold someone tight, His ears to listen, His voice to speak encouragement to a hurting sister in Christ. I praise God for that moment. I praise God for walking beside me daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment