Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Her Name is Kara Grace


I had over-looked the mess in Kara’s room as long as I could. She and I had a Saturday night cleaning party! I worked on her closet; she worked on organizing her toy bins. Organizing to her meant dumping everything out in the floor, and I mean everything! Once I finished her closet, I began to help her sort through Barbies, Barbie clothes, baby doll stuff, random Sonic and McDonald’s toys; you get the picture. Where does all this stuff come from? I was frustrated to say the least. College football is on and I am in this mountain of a mess!!! On and on we clean. I mean we are down to the dust and the change. That is when I found something I hadn’t seen in a long time. It was a button (pin) with Rylee’s initial “R” on it. Memories of cleaning this room with many times came back to me. I told Kara that I would give anything if we could finish up this room and go into the living room and see Rylee lying in the floor, playing, and chewing on a book. Kara got quiet for several minutes. I know the kids still have a difficult time, so we try to let them process feelings as they come. A few minutes later, she stood right in front of me and said, “Momma, For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whoever believes on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16” Amazing! Wonderful Grace! Out of the mouths of babes! Of course I am proud of her for memorizing a scripture, but I am even more amazed that she knew, as a seven year old, that in my time of pain that I needed a word from God! God used Kara to remind me of how much He loves me! Wow! I stand amazed at His marvelous Grace!
Kara’s middle name is Grace. There was a one in four chance that this beautiful little girl could have been born with the genetic problem that Rylee had. Brad and I believe that it is only by God’s grace that she is healthy! Saturday night, He took that little girl and showed even more grace to me.
My life is not always sad and depressing, I promise. There are many days that are filled with laughter and excitement; but we as a family are still walking through this season of grief. It was about this time last year that Rylee’s health began to go downhill, so I expect that there may be more days like Saturday night to come. I praise God that He is my rock! I know that He will continually pick me and my family up and comfort us each and every day.
Father God I thank you for sending your son to die on the cross so that I and many others can have ever-lasting life. I thank you for using Kara to speak truth into my hurting heart. God continue to use me and my family to point others to you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment