Friday, October 29, 2010

Let The Waters Rise

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen. ~Matthew 28:20

This song speaks so clearly to what is going on in the lives of many. Everytime I hear it, I just want to shout AMEN! The moment that the alarm clock sounds in the morning to wake me up to a brand new day, a flood of thoughts concerning that day's agenda tries to consume me. I am pretty certain that I am not alone in this. Almost everyone I speak to lately expresses some sort of stressor in their life.

"Let The Waters Rise" What is the "water" in your life? Is your "water" more than one thing? Personally, there are things that try to smother me, but none like the loss of Rylee. November 11 will mark one year since her passing. I can vividly remember what I was doing each day this time last year. Grief is a funny thing. Some days I am great. Some days I miss her all day long. Guilt tries to find its way in every now and then; guilt about living life, moving on. I know better and I am able to recognize it when it happens. God has shown me over the past 9 years that He wants to use me and my family in a way that is unique to us. Everything that we experience in life can be used to learn and grow. Through Facebook, the world can become very small. The ML II support group has opened the doors for me to connect with some amazing families. I get to help other families who are dealing with the many questions that come along with this disease. There are families from right here in the U.S. and other countries. My prayer is that when I speak, my words will serve as an encouragement to them. Not to sound weird, but it brings me great comfort to use what Rylee taught me to help others. Her legacy never dies. What a legacy she left us! I believe in my heart this is what the Lord would want. So "Let The Waters Rise" whatever they may be, I WILL FOLLOW THE LORD! God is with me! I hope whoever reads this draws comfort. Thank you Jesus for carrying me.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kellie,
    I am the blessed grandmom to my two beautiful I Cell babies, Alesis Grace and Taylor Faith Giunta. They have taught our family so much about love and how to fight the good fight of faith. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't fear for the future, but I know we are in the hand of Jesus and he gives us all we need to get through each day and to cherish every minute with those we love. Thank you for your beautiful words and your heart to help others. You were an encouragement to me today. Thnak you and blessings.

    Lisa Kuert

    ReplyDelete